Cabin Ridge was started in 1984 by Judy and Rusty Gilles on the farm which has been in the family since 1902. With Rusty's passing in 2011 their son Mark has taken over day to day management.
The family has strong ties to this land. Mark's Paternal great, great, great grandparents were among the first settlers to arrive along the creek and the local Irish Settlement. The family started to log the creek in 1853. His maternal 3 times great grandparents arrived in the Irish Settlement in the 1860's to farm. They enjoy sharing local history and stories with visitors.